Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend in the Metroplex

We had our annual Girls Weekend during the Memorial Day holiday in Ft Worth this year. Every year Mom, Aunt Eileen, Emily and I get together during Memorial Day weekend for a few days of hanging out and shopping. Usually it's at my place - it's the most centrally located- but this year we all trekked up to Em's. It was a fabulous time. Mostly we just hung out with each other and got to know Brent. Here's some of the highlights:

- On Friday I got off work mid-day and drove up before traffic got too bad. We stayed at Em's friend's Huge, Gorgeous home, which was much more convenient then her one bedroom apt. They were out of town for the weekend and needed some one to dog sit anyways, so I became great friends with Jake their Great Dane. Em cooked us dinner at the house and we met her boyfriend Brent. It was lots of fun except for the Spurs loosing to the Lakers that night, but we didn’t let it get us down. To distract ourselves from the horrible game we played a few games of Sequence and Brent and I whipped up on Mom and Em haha.
- On Sat we slept in a little and didn’t leave the house until almost noon. We went shopping at the mall and had lunch at Carrabba’s. Got to hit the Memorial Day Holiday sales!
- On Sunday Em cooked us and Brent a wonderful brunch. We spent the day hanging out and playing games. I was getting pretty good at Rock Band – though my Karaoke Revolution and Guitar Hero background helped. That evening we went to church and then over to Brent’s for the Spurs game - a much better result on that one.
- I left early on Monday to get back to Kyle – more on the activities of that day soon.

4 comments:

koenigkc said...

and now we need to know what you guys thought about Brent!? :)

parenting noobs said...

sounds like a fun weekend! That's a great little tradition! :)

EssentialEm said...

Yeah Sarita! What did you think about Mr. T? Fess up!! ;)

Sarita said...

Mr. T pities the fool. I pity the fool who doesn't send me pictures so I can post them on my blog. HA

But I like Brent a lot. He makes my sister smile :)