Thursday, May 1, 2008

It's keeping me up at night

I am draaaaggging this week. And it's all the fault of...


I have always been a huge Mario Kart fan from the days of the Super Nintendo. My sister and I were still playing that and Yoshi's Cookie up to a few years ago - I think Em still has it now. For anyone who's played the game before, you know how when you're in an intense moment and going around a sharp turn the controller kind of drifts in the direction of the curve. Or your jumping a ramp and you lift your hands in the air to kind of help your little cart to make it just a little further to the landing. Well, you get to use that in the new Wii version of this game. You have an actually steering wheel with the Wii controller snapped in the middle of it. And you no longer use the arrow keys to direct Mario through the course, you turn the wheel. When taking those jumps, pulling up will now get your character to do crazy little stunts. Your whole body gets into it, which is one of the things Wii games are famous for. And just like the other games, my arms are feeling it this morning. And, just like the others, Jason and I are staying up WAY to late every night this week playing this game. Starbucks has been my friend these last couple of days. But I LOVE it.


There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it. - Mary Wilson Little

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I love playing games with the hubby. We need to get together soon...it feels like it's been way too long!

Regarding your garden of glass post, I adore his work too! Have you guys been to the glass blowing studio in Wimberly? I can spend all day there. http://www.wgw.com/ We should go sometime!
Tam

EssentialEm said...

Oh.... I re-read this and just now noticed that you refered to me! I still have the Super Nintendo!! :) If I decide to get rid of it, do you guys want it? I'm planning on cleaning out some stuff before my move in July.

Ahh.... the good old days... Super Mario Kart, Yoshi Cookie, etc. Makes me feel like I'm 10 again. :)