Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Destroyer at work

The Kyle area had really bad weather yesterday and last night – the weather guys were even worried about hail and tornados. We normally leave the dogs outside all day but whenever there is heavy rain we keep them in the house while we’re gone. There’s no covered area in our back yard where they can keep dry and mud free - and Allie hates the rain.

As Jason was leaving the house yesterday morning, he lets the dogs out quickly to use the ‘facilities’ and when he lets them back in they are already a muddy mess. After a quick bath, he chunks them together in our bathroom to dry off away from my couches. Another reason for locking them up is our youngest, Ginny, aka the Destroyer. You must never, never leave Ginny alone with anything valuable in reach. It doesn’t matter what it is. Clothes, stuffed animals, shoes, pillows, trees, furniture, just about anything made of plastic, the air conditioner, etc. So Jason picks up the things off the floor, throws them in the closet and rushes off to work, already late. He’s also given the girls every dog toy that he could find that hasn’t yet ended up in the trash can in pieces – this amounts to about 4 toys.

If it was just Allie this would have kept her for the entire day. She would probably have slept the day away anyways. Allie is my angel. I think yesterday was an interesting one for her. I wish she could talk to me sometimes, I think her opinion of her little sister would be very enlightening. If anything she could tell me what the hell happened in my bathroom.

I came home to a disaster zone. A full bag of cotton balls was ripped to shreds – I know she had fun with that one. She ate the toilet brush, the brush holder (it’s in small plastic pieces), and the plunger – Gross! She kicked most of the water out of their bowl all over the floor. She made a mess of both of the dog beds. The roll of toilet paper is demolished; I couldn’t actually find all the pieces of the cardboard roll, their probably running through her digestive system at the moment. But the scariest part was the toilet cleaner bottle with the wrapper ripped away and a tooth mark piercing it.

Needless to say I freaked. A short lived case of slight hysteria might be closer. I know my dog is going to kill herself one of these days from eating something- rocks or plastic or a toxic plants, I guess I need to add poisonous household cleaners to the list. Some people are going to think I’m a horrible parent, I think I am too some times. But, she’s a dog and kind of a stupid one. Some day she’s going to kill herself, that’s just the way it is.

Well, luckily yesterday wasn’t it - the bottle was pretty much empty to begin with and still had a little in it. I think she got a lick of the stuff and left it alone. We watched her all evening for any signs that she’s poisoned. She’s acting completely normal even this morning. I just can't remember where the bottle started the day. I'm pretty sure is was on the top of the toilet. Which means her 'reach' is getting better.


It’s raining again today. The dogs are going to be getting wet and muddy. Poor Allie.



I've been a very bad girl...




"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." - Vernor Sanders Law

5 comments:

koenigkc said...

Dude, I'm sure at the time it was not very funny - but reading this cracked me up! It's surprising what dogs will eat.

I remember when Carlie was younger - she ate a quart of OIL!!!! And look at her now... 8 years and 125lbs! The epitomy of physical canine fitness - yeah right!

Can't wait to see more pics!

Anonymous said...

Oh Ginny, Ginny, Ginny! This is a really funny post. I'm glad she's ok! You know Allie was watching her and shaking her head the whole time. Good idea taking pics...can't wait to see them!

Tam

EssentialEm said...

Awww...... sooo sorry your little girl is being bad!!! And Allie has to pay for it as well!!!!

pittypatpages.blogspot.com said...

Actually, Carlie also ate a can of fire ant bait, that was a scarey one! And one time we came home and found the can of pennies in the shop scattered high and low - never was sure if she ate any of those.
What a laugh, Sarah!! I guess they're banished to the back yard now!

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness! This was too funny. Thanks for sharing the picture. It is worth a 1,000 words!