Friday, July 3, 2009

Something Wicked...

...Wickedly Awesome.
I went with the fam last weekend to see Wicked the Musical at the Majestic Theater in SA. So AMAZING. Probably the best production I've ever seen (though Lion King is definitely up there with it). Everything from the set to the costumes to the actors was great. Even the mildest of OZ fans will like this one. Most of the story takes place before Dorothy arrives. And it gives a whole new light on the Wicked Witch. You know the saying - there are always two sides to every story.

But by far my favorite was Glinda (Ga-linda with a ga). I expected to be annoyed with her at first, but she's hilarious! And man, both of the actresses that played the main parts could seriously SING! ... I wish I could do that.

This is a must see if you like musicals - even the hubs liked it. I hate giving away more of the story, so I'm not going to say anything else other than GO SEE IT!


It's so easy to be wicked without knowing it, isn't it? - Anne of Green Gables

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Toby and I went and saw this in Chicago and both loved it! Bought the books, not as impressive as the play...i wouldn't waste your time!

Anonymous said...

I'm finally catching up on all the blogs :)
We have tickets to see Wicked at the end of the month at the Bass and I can't wait! Glad to hear it was so good!
Tammy