Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A very, very unbirthday to me

The big 28. yahoo. It feels the farthest thing from my birthday, and I don't really care. Is that a sign of getting old? My big plans for tonight are cleaning the house and working on the yard... again. That's what our days consist of at the moment, because...

Jason and I put our house on the market this week. The signs went up in the yard on Monday and I saw our MLS listing for the first time last night. AND we've already had one couple come see the home. Monday evening a guy came and knocked on the door and asked a couple questions. Then he and his wife and their realtor came last night to take a look. Not bad for the second day huh? I'm not holding my breath on this being it, but I take it as a decent sign. Besides the for sale sign, our realtor stuck a little sign that says 'I'm Gorgeous Inside!' I think it's hilarious. Jason's probably getting sick of me walking around the house saying 'Look, we're gorgeous!' haha.

The best thing so far of keeping the house clean is I can avoid cooking :) Your home has to be in 'model home' order at all times. As we found out last night, people will call you at the craziest times to see your home. I was putting food together for church group and had grocery bags spread all over the counter when I got a call asking if they could see the house at 6:30 - it was 6:10! I did a mad dash around throwing the food in the bags and wiping down counter tops. I consider myself a clean person (mostly) but keeping things this clean is going to get old fast.

"A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams." - John Barrymore

6 comments:

parenting noobs said...

Hey, at least you spent your birthday being "gorgeous"! :)

Good luck selling the house. I remember living in our house while it had to be in selling conditions. It's a pain.

When do you plan to move?

Email me about the boxes....

EssentialEm said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to Sawah!
Happy Birthday to you!

....and many more MERRY BIRTHDAYS!!!! :) :) :) Hope its a great one even though you have to clean and do yard work. :) You ARE GORGEOUS inside and out!! :) Have a great one!

LOVE YOU!!
EMEMEMEMEMEM

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! What are we going to do to celebrate?

Hey - what is your MLS # so I can check out your gorgeous on the inside home! - Krista

Sarita said...

We've got another couple coming to look at it today! I'm still not getting my hopes up... ok maybe just a little.

We're moving at the beginning of July at the moment. If the house sells and the new owners want us out faster, then we'll do that.

pittypatpages.blogspot.com said...

You know, Uncle John has an enclosed white trailer and a big open trailer in case you'all need to use them.

Sarita said...

Thanks for the offer AP! I'll let you know if we need it.

Jason is going to try to use his company truck. If they don't need it to transport books whenever we move, then we can use it. It looks like a U-haul truck.