Friday, April 4, 2008

Warning: Serious Time Waster

I have an addiction, something I’ve been doing for years and I need to confess. It can be pretty severe at times. My addiction is… http://www.jigzone.com/ – oh the horror.

Hello, my name is Sarah and I am a puzzle addict.

I spend entire lunch hours finding patterns and connecting pieces. I even watch TV with the laptop perched in my line of sight to the screen. I’ve solved almost every puzzle in most categories. You can try the same puzzle over and over cut into different shapes, from only a few pieces to hundreds. They even let you upload your own photos. I find myself looking at random pictures thinking ‘hm, that would make a great puzzle picture’. The site also times you and compares that to others.

It’s an addiction I feel compelled to share with you. If you dare to try the site, be warned: You will find hours fly by with little done. Your eyes will be watering from staring at the screen but you can not stop. You will dream of patterns and puzzle pieces.

You may strong enough to resist the puzzle addiction, but if you don’t think you are… be wary.

"The greatest of all faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none." - Thomas Carlyle

4 comments:

koenigkc said...

Egads! I can't handle another addiction!! I'm ADDICTED to SODUKU - I have to do at minimum 2-3 puzzles every night before I go to bed. I do them at my lunch hour - are we RELATED?!?!?! no wait, don't answer that :D

I feel your pain. Now I'm off to go to jigzone.com ... I mean.... :D

pittypatpages.blogspot.com said...

Is this where I have to admit my addiction to "Bookworm"? My Saturdays go like this - clean a room, play one game, load wash, play one game, clean another room, play another game...and, well, you get the picture. U John wonders often why it takes me so long to clean up the house. Don't tell!!!

EssentialEm said...

Ha Ha Ha!!

Have you tried this one?? AE, Mom and I played a little over Easter. It's both educational and motivational!

http://www.travelpod.com/traveler-iq

:) I blame mom for your addiction. :)

Anonymous said...

Why does the mom always get the blame? I totally take the 5th.