Monday, August 11, 2008

U-S-A!!

So I didn't really do anything around the house this weekend like I had planned. But I did cheer on my country's men and women a-plenty. I'm all wrapped up in the Olympics again this year - starting from the opening ceremonies... well... 30 minutes in to them when I remembered they had started already :) It was awesome, what a beautiful show. Jason and I even hit rewind a couple of times and rewatched some of the best parts. And I Love the Bird's Nest -so unique.

My favs of the summer Olympics are probably gymnastics, swimming, diving and my recent addition is beach volleyball. I also like to watch weightlifting, rowing, basketball, softball, and tennis... and if I'm really honest with myself I like synchronized swimming and rhythmic gymnastics(even if I think they're kinda cheesy). You may notice, soccer is not one of these, I'm sorry, I don't like soccer, I can't get into it, it's boring. Sorry, babe.

This time difference thing has got me going crazy. Everything is happening in the middle of the night- because, you know, China is on the other side of the world and what-not. I fell asleep during the men's swimming relay last night and missed the big finish argh. It's a good thing they've disabled videos on my work computer or I'm pretty sure I've have watched every one of them on NBC's website today.

I'm seeing my evenings this week taken up by more TV watching. We've got 6 different channels showing difference sports at different times. This is not good for my home improvement schedule. Hope everyone out there is tuning in and rooting for our peoples. :) Go USA!!

4 comments:

EssentialEm said...

I'm SSSOOOO into the Olympics as well!!!!! I'm ADDICTED!! :)

Michelle hosted an Opening Ceremonies party at her house on Friday which was a lot of fun! We ordered in Chinese food to honor China. :) I've been watching all weekend - started on Saturday afternoon, Brent and I watched some Saturday night, I watched all Sunday afternoon, and again last night! I'm ADDICTED TOO!!!

I was kinda disappointed in the women's ... er... GIRLS gymnastics last night. Looks like a brand new team! Didn't the Chinese girls look YOUNG!?!? I don't believe they're 16!

Brent laughed at me this weekend because I think Michael Phelps looks like Gaston! Look at a photoshoped picture of him with his chin! It really looks like GASTON!! :) You have permission to laugh at me as well.... I guess!!!

Anyway, I'm loving the olympics. :) Go USA!!!

parenting noobs said...

Olympics are so much fun! I like watching all the countries... Go USA... and the rest of the world! I am just constantly amazed at what the human body can do! And, that people can be so dedicated and passionate about something so difficult! Go them! haha

koenigkc said...

I missed Opening Ceremonies - JR and Ashley don't have normal t.v. *cry*

So I was w/o Olympics all weekend long.

We made up for that yesterday. I spent most of the day recouping from the trip by watching tennis, boxing (eh), equestrian and then the gymnastics and swimming at night! :)

My favorite sports in the summer olympics? Swimming, Beach Volleyball, Softball, Diving and Gymnastics! :)

GO USA!

koenigkc said...

oops - and tennis :D